We Need YOUR Help this World AIDS Day
- 1.4 million are living with HIV in Uganda
- 800,000 children have been orphaned due to HIV/AIDS in Uganda
- There are still 23,000 AIDS-related deaths annually.
- Women are disproportionately affected by HIV. Today, women constitute more than half of all people living with HIV and AIDS-related illnesses remain the leading cause of death for women aged between 15 and 49.
TO WIN THE BATTLE WE MUST COMBAT:
- Stigma, isolation, & depression
- Fear of getting tested
- Access to antiretroviral therapy (ART or ARVs)
- Reduce gender inequality and violence against women
- Address the vulnerabilities created by unequal cultural, social, & economic status amongst women.
Our mission: To serve, restore, empower, and strengthen women in western Uganda who are HIV positive, single mothers. As a result, we will touch the children in their care, through education, community, and sustainable job creation. By working alongside women as global sisters, we create change, while addressing inequality, strengthening families, and communities.
Our Goals this year:
- Empower 9 new women with micro-business grants and welcome them into our Crazy Love Africa sisterhood community.
- Purchase land in Ft. Portal, Uganda so our Crazy Love Africa Sisterhood community cooperatives can have space to flourish. This is where we will train, support, educate, and provide safety for our community. Begin our building project on this land.
- Provide training and supplies so that our sisters may continue to find ways toward sustainability and strengthen their empowerment programs. Specific training this year will focus on artisan skills, business training, HIV education, health & wellness, and domestic violence.
World AIDS Day is December 1st and our team at Crazy Love Africa wants to make the biggest impact yet for our sisters and their families affected by HIV, as well as raise awareness for women & children around the world.
We want to see the day where HIV stigma doesn’t exist. We want to see the day where HIV claims no more lives. We want to see the day where we have an AIDS-free society – but cannot achieve our goal without your support.
Will you join us? Give for World AIDS Day 2019 in honor of our Crazy Love Africa sisters!